Justfication

Sharu Rangnekar, the noted management guru and author of “In the wonderland of Indian Managers” have very few strips of hairs on his skull. While questioned about his early baldness in an informal get together he described a theory on “Hair Falling” in his defence. The theory went like this.

Among male human beings, hair grows downwards after one crosses the age of forty. On its path of growth while a strip of hair confronts a bit of gray matter it gladly turns gray .While it finds nothing it falls off.

For Sharu the latter was the case.
I was present on this fateful party and believed every bit of what Sharu said. After all, Sharu just can not be distrusted. Afterwards when a bunch of my gray hairs was discovered by my better half in her utter dismay, I was perturbed to the least. Rather I felt jubilant. At last, the God has disproved what my elders, my teachers, my bosses and ultimately my wife at home opined about the status of the availability of gray matter in my brain. The Man proposes and God disposes to my benefit. Subsequently, few teeth gave way and I started looking a graceful gray oldie. Even then, I did not mind much. Within a year or so I developed a tendency to talk too much. My intended topics are, most of the time, the days of our yester years, the days we left behind. Now I felt the pinch as no one nearby is prepared to listen. My son and daughter-in-law are genuinely busy in their work. The wife is engrossed in her selected Hindi and Bengali TV serials and can hardly spare time for my craps regarding my childhood, my school days or the days I spent in college hostels.

I started feeling frustrated. What do I do with the recently discovered gray matters in my brain which prompts me to talk too often? Who is going to lend ears to an old haggard like me? Alas, old is, after all, not that gold as I presumed!

Like a silver lining within the dark cloud the story of Babbam Hazam came to my mind. It is quite well known but no problem if repeated. Babbam was the personal barber of a very powerful king. One day while trimming hair he found that Rajamoshai has two horns hidden under the locks. In utter surprise he uttered “What are these, my lord?”The king was absolutely perturbed and justifiably wanted to keep the reality in secret as it might affect his tenure as king. He perforce made Babbam promise that the fact would not be divulged. If it got leaked Babbam would be penalized with death. Initially there was no problem but as the days passed, Babbam felt the urge to talk about it. Ultimately it was real difficult for him to keep the secret. Babbam then went to the forest nearby and approached a grand old banyan tree. He just told the tree that their king had two horns hidden under the hair lock. The story continued and had an interesting ending but that is not my concern. I just have found that Babbam some how managed to find some one to speak his mind out.

With all the gray matters in my brain I practically did only Hazamat in real life. Now like Babbam I also have found a tree to talk to and confide.
This justifies my creation of this blog.

Comments

Pia said…
Indeed Baba, there can be no better justification. It feels absolutely great to read you!

Popular posts from this blog

Raibahadur

Ex-Meconian's PICNIC at PAT'S COTTAGE at Sonarpur, on 3rd January 2016

People's Mandate